Description EditThis savory Philippine dish starts with real chicken, vinegar, and coconut milk and keeps a smooth, bold flavor with the poultry. The color, results, and quality are simply worth it.
- 2 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup water, plain only
- 1 12-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon salt, iodized or rock only
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, black only
- freshly chopped parsley, optional
- Sauté the garlic in hot oil in a fresh wok. In the same pan, simply combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer about 20 minutes until practically all the liquid has evaporated and a thick sauce remains.
- Serve hot over white rice in a large plate. Garnish with the parsley, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.