Ginataan is a term used for anything cooked in coconut milk. Try this one yummy vegetarian dish.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup thick coconut cream (first extraction)
- 1 cup thick coconut milk (second extraction)
- 8 – 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- ½ cup slivered ginger
- MSG (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 medium green papaya, slivered thinly
- In a pan heat cooking oil and saute garlic.
- When garlic starts to turn brown, add the ginger and peppercorns and saute while pressing down to pulverize mixture.
- Saute the papaya in the pan.
- Pour in second extraction of coconut milk, salt and msg, cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until papaya turns transparent.
- Add first extraction of coconut milk and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Correct seasoning.
- May serve already at this point unless you want it of thicker consistency, in which case, let it simmer on low heat until of desired consistency.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.