- 1 jar or bottle larger than 32 ounces that can be tightly sealed
- 1 large piece of ginger root (1 ounce or more) that can be peeled and crushed
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- peel of 3 small limes or 1 lemon
- ½ cup sugar
- 3¾ cups boiling water
- ¼ tbsp yeast
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- Combine the crushed ginger, lime peel, juice and sugar in the jar.
- Pour in the boiling water.
- Cover loosely and let cool to room temperature.
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water and add to the mixture.
- Seal the jar as tightly as possible and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Chill, strain and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.