This bold poultry dish is made and packed with real herbs, spices, and yogurt and cooked to steamy, clear perfection. Sprinkle the garlic powder generously. Trust us, you will not be fooled.
- 1 lb. chicken, breasts, legs, wings, or thighs
- 3-inch long piece ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder, optional
- Cut the ginger into matchstick-like pieces (3 inches long, 2 mm thick).
- Mix garam masala, black pepper, and salt into yogurt.
- Now heat the oil and pour the yogurt mixture in it and stir-fry until the water of yogurt has boiled away and you can see the oil.
- Add the ginger sticks and stir-fry for 10 minutes. Then add the chicken pieces and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of water or chicken broth over the chicken.
- Cover the pan and leave it to cook for 15 minutes. Stir the chicken thoroughly and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir it carefully (or carefully turn the chicken pieces over); then leave the lid off and let it cook on a low light for 10 minutes. Serve warm and plain with rice but spoon the cooked, spice-based chicken in a large plate and top with the garlic powder, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.