A red-hot, rich combination of ground lamb and ginger gets bolder in taste, is made with ketchup and real spices, and is grilled to golden-brown, smooth perfection.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely crushed ginger snaps
- 1 8-½-ounce can sliced pineapple, cut into quarters
- 1 large green pepper (poblano, Jalapeño, or bell), cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup catsup or (3 tablespoons tomato sauce)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 4 cups hot, cooked rice
- fresh cicely, optional
- hot sauce, optional
- Combine lamb, egg, garlic salt, pepper and ginger snaps.
- Mix well; form into 1-½-inch meat balls.
- Alternate meat balls, pineapple, and green pepper on skewers.
- Brush with mixture of catsup, brown sugar, mustard, lemon juice, and ginger. Broil 7 to 8 minutes on each side, basting occasionally.
- Serve with rice. Garnish with the fresh cicely and lightly drizzle with the hot sauce, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.