This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Vaughan Estate in McKinney, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4½ cup ripe peaches peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger finely chopped
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 box fruit pectin
- Peel and pit peaches then finely chop or grind and pour into sauce pot and add ginger.
- Measure sugar and set aside.
- Mix fruit pectin into fruit in sauce pot then place over high heat and stir until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Immediately add all sugar and stir.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle quickly into hot jars then fill to ⅛ inch of tops.
- Wipe jar rims and threads.
- Cover with two piece lids.
- Screw bands tightly.
- Invert jars for 5 minutes then turn upright.
- After 1 hour check seals.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.