Contributed by Indiancuisineandculture Y-Group
- 3 cups milk
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place 2 and one half cups of the milk along with ginger in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for several minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine remaining milk, sugar, cornstarch, salt and egg yolks in a bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly add half hot milk mixture to cold milk mixture.
- Return this to the saucepan with the remaining hot milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute or until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into serving bowls and chill until firm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.