Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons matchstick-size strips peeled fresh ginger
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- Place 1 cup water, sugar, and ginger in small saucepan.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into pan; add bean.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour for flavors to blend.
- Strain syrup into small bowl.
- Chop ginger.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate ginger and syrup separately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.