Makes 9 servings
- 2½ cups rice flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¾ cup molasses
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
- Sift rice flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and xanthan gum into large bowl.
- Combine molasses, applesauce, honey, water and oil in small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stir boiling molasses mixture into flour mixture, mixing well, let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg.
- Pour into lightly greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Smooth top with spatula or back of wet spoon.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes; serve warm or completely cooled.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.