This is really yummy, if you like apples, also has a lot of cinnamon and ginger in it. Has a walnut topping that has even more of that cinnamon, ginger good taste. Good served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Makes 8 servings
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 6 tbs unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 pounds granny smith apples
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger.
- Add butter, work into flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Gather mixture together.
- Peel apples.
- Halve, core and cut into slices.
- Place in bowl.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, ginger and cinnamon, toss to coat apple slices.
- Coat a 2½ quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon apple mixture into dish.
- Break topping into large crumb pieces, sprinkle over filling.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake 30 min.
- Uncover dish.
- Bake 25 min. or until top is crisp and browned and filling is thickened and bubbly.
- Let cool 15 min. before serving.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.