This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tassel Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1¼ cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 16 ounce can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 walnut halves
- ¾ cup chilled whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter then press evenly into spring form pan.
- Bake 10 minutes then cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in bowl on medium until smooth.
- Add pumpkin then beat in eggs one at a time on low speed and pour over crumb mixture.
- Bake for 1¼ hour the cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
- Loosen cheesecake from side of pan then remove side of pan.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until stiff.
- Spread whipped cream over top of cheesecake then arrange walnuts on top.
- Refrigerate any remaining cheesecake immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.