Makes 8 servings
- 2 broiler-fryer chickens (4 to 5 pounds), quartered
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 slices bacon, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in butter, coating well on all sides.
- Place in greased 3-quart baking dish, skin side up. Bake at 400 °F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and bacon in large skillet over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Blend in flour and curry powder.
- Stir in broth and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Blend in marmalade, catsup and lemon juice.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and continue baking 20 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender and richly glazed.
- Serve chicken and sauce over hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.