Hornickel's Glazed Onion Canapes from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Serves: 8
- 1 onion
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 8 - 10 crackers
- Sour cream
- Prepare all ingredients by finely dicing the onion and melting half the butter in a small saucepan.
- Turn the burner up to gas mark 5 or medium heat. Add the diced onions into the saucepan.
- Slowly caramelize the onions, adding in the rest of the butter as needed to keep from burning.
- Once caramelized, add the brown sugar and the honey. Combine thoroughly until all the onions are glazed.
- Place onions attractively onto the crackers and finish with a small dollop of sour cream.
Keep an eye on the onions; they burn easily.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.