- 2 cups peeled and cubed turnips
- 2 cups peeled and cubed rutabagas
- 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes or yams
- 2 cups peeled and cubed winter squash
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp dark corn syrup
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place vegetables in a large pot, cover with water, and cook about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain well.
- Place in a 7x11-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, syrup, butter, brown sugar, salt and ginger.
- Pour over vegetables, and toss to coat.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Basting occasionally.
- Stir, sprinkle with chopped nuts, and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.