- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless Pork loin, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots, or substitute green onions (white part only)
- 1 cup strained fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup strained fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small hot pepper, minced
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium until a light haze forms above it.
- Add the Pork cubes.
- Turn frequently with a spoon and adjust the heat as necessary so the cubes brown richly and evenly without burning.
- Stir in the onions, shallots, orange juice, lime juice, water, thyme, salt, pepper and hot pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover the skillet, lower the heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet, increase the heat to high and, stirring frequently to prevent the meat from sticking, cook briskly 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens to a syrupy glaze.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.