Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- green bell peppers, use 10 times as many cups of green and red sweet peppers as you do hot peppers.
- red bell peppers, if red peppers are not available, use pimento peppers.
- hot peppers
- yellow skin onions
- Discard seeds and membranes of peppers.
- Chop peppers and onions uniformly. Be sure to handle hot peppers carefully. Use 10 times as many cups of green and red sweet peppers as you do hot peppers.
- Cover chopped vegetables with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In large stainless steel pot, add vinegar and sugar—one cup at a time each until vegetables are covered. Add one tablespoon salt for each 6 quarts vegetables. Bring to boil. Let boil 5 minutes.
- Put in sterilized jars.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.