Makes 10 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 x 3-ounce package orange flavor gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 x 11-ounce can mandarin orange segments, chopped and drained
- Combine rice, milk, sugar, butter, orange peel and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 25 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Stir in gelatin and vanilla; cool.
- Whip cream.
- Fold cream and oranges into gelatin mixture.
- Spoon into 10 individual dessert molds.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto dessert plates.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate jimmies, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.