- ¾ cup butter or margarine
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2¼ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⅓ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (if desired)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Grease and lightly dust with cocoa a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In large sauce pan, melt margarine/butter with cocoa over low heat, stirring constantly (or simply put the cocoa and butter in a bowl, pop in the microwave for a couple of minutes, until the butter is melted).
- Stir with a fork until it's mostly smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Blend in sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one a time.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 °F for 20–25 minutes.
- Recipe makes one, 9 x 13-inch pan of brownies.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.