Recipe makes 20 biscuits
- 1 ounce cocoa powder
- 2 ounces potato flour
- 2 ounces rice flour
- 1 ounce gram flour
- 1 ounce ground almonds
- 3 ounces granulated sugar
- 3 ounces hard margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the egg before adding with the butter and mix together until a soft dough is produced that sticks into a large ball.
- Break the dough into walnut-sized pieces and place on a greased tray or nonstick baking parchment.
- Flatten each lump with the back of a fork dipped in cold water.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Variations: add chopped nuts or crystallized ginger.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.