- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 (4-oz) jar strained baby fruit or 1 mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 1 cup instant baby brown rice cereal
- ¼ cup quinoa flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon + ¼ cup white raisins or ¼ cup chocolate chips + ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients together.
- In another bowl, mix the next 5 ingredients.
- Combine, then add: either cinnamon and raisins or chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- The dough may be a bit sticky. Oil your hands slightly if necessary.
- Use a balled-up paper towel to spread canola oil on a cookie sheet.
- Do not discard.
- Roll dough into small balls (1-inch), and place on the cookie sheet.
- Use the oiled paper towel to flatten the dough, or use oiled fingertips.
- Flatter means crispier - experiment with size and shape!.
- They will not spread, so small and flat usually comes out the best.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes.
- They will be perfect when bottoms are lightly browned.
- These look and taste almost exactly like the regular kind, and are worth the effort.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.