Recipe makes 18 cupcakes.
- 1⅓ cup semisweet chocolate morsels - Nestle 
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- six large eggs, separated
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- sweetened whipped cream
- mini chocolate chips - Nestle 
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Line 18 muffin cups with baking liners.
- Coat liners with vegetable cooking spray.
- Stir chocolate and butter in heavy saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer on high, mix egg yolks and ¼ cup sugar until very thick and pale, about three minutes.
- Fold in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Using clean, dry beaters, beat egg whites and remaining ¼ cup sugar in bowl until stiff but not dry, about two minutes.
- Fold egg-white mixture into chocolate mixture until combined.
- Divide batter among baking liners.
- Bake 28 – 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with dollop of sweetened whipped cream and chips.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.