Recipe makes about 56 pieces
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon gluten free peppermint extract
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 to 2 drops desired vegetable food coloring
- 4¾ cup sifted powdered sugar (about 1 pound)
- Combine light corn syrup, softened butter and peppermint extract.
- Add sugar, about 1 cup at a time, stirring until well combined.
- Stir desired food coloring into mixture.
- Shape candy mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place the balls 2-inches apart on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Gently flatten each ball with the tines of a fork.
- Let candy stand at room temperature about 3 hours or until dry.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.