- 4 cups cooked potatoes, run through a ricer
- ⅓ cup solid shortening
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups cream, heated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2¼ cup gluten-free baking mix
- Mix together hot potatoes, shortening, cream, sugar and salt.
- When cooled, add about 1½ cups of the baking mix.
- Use remaining flour to coat each dollop of dough; roll out as thin as possible and bake on a griddle or a pan until brown.
- Use corn oil for the griddle.
- Serve with fruits, seasoned vegetables or herbed butter with syrup.
- Variations: substitute buttermilk for the cream and add one-teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- One can also increase the sugar to taste and add ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Serve with cinnamon or honey.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.