- 2 x 15-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons of gluten-free flour mixture
- 2 cups of milk
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 8 ounces of gluten-free macaroni
- 2 cups of cooked ham cut into cubes (optional)
- In medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine on low heat.
- Stir in flour until it forms a paste.
- Bring to medium-high heat.
- Add cheese.
- Stir constantly until melted.
- Cook 8 ounces of gluten free macaroni until just done.
- Do not overcook as the noodles will receive further cooking in the oven.
- Place cooked macaroni into greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Add ham.
- Pour over cheese sauce.
- Stir all together gently.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
If you would like to freeze your macaroni and cheese for later cooking, mix cheese sauce and pasta together in a freezer safe container. Freeze. When ready to cook, thaw macaroni and cheese thoroughly. Then bake as directed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.