- 1 pound gluten-free spaghetti or linguine (Deboles, Thai Kitchen, or Tinkyada)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon good curry powder (as hot as you prefer)
- pinch of cayenne pepper, or more, for desired heat
- ⅔ cup all natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice or apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups hot gluten-free vegetable (or chicken) broth
- sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted, fresh water to a rolling boil and (following the cooking directions on the pasta package) cook the pasta to al dente, firm but tender to the bite.
- Rinse and set aside in a warmed serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, curry powder and cayenne and stir 1 minute.
- Add the peanut butter, brown sugar,tamari sauce, and vinegar, and stir to make a smooth paste.
- Slowly begin adding the heated broth, stirring or whisking to blend.
- Heat through gently.
- Taste for seasoning adjustments, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the peanut sauce on the noodles and toss well.
- Serve at the table, and offer small bowls of chopped green onions, flaked coconut and chopped fresh peanuts for garnish.
- Add more nutrition by tossing in cooked vegetables, tofu, shrimp, leftover chicken pieces, etc.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.