- 4 oz fresh, mild, soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh marjoram
- 8 large fresh zucchini blossoms
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 cups vine-ripened cherry or other small tomatoes, halved or quartered, or two large vine-ripened tomatoes cut in bite-sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil baking sheet or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Mix cheese with half basil and half marjoram.
- Form into 8 balls of equal size.
- Inspect blossoms for insects, and snap off pistils inside flowers with fingertips.
- Cut stems to about 1 inch.
- Put ball of cheese inside each blossom, and arrange on baking sheet.
- Brush blossoms with half the olive oil, and season lightly with salt.
- Bake stuffed blossoms for 7 to 10 minutes, or until petals collapse onto cheese and sizzle slightly around the edges.
- Meanwhile, toss tomato halves or slices with remaining olive oil, marjoram and basil.
- Season with salt.
- To serve, arrange salad on four plates, and top with warm blossoms.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.