Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 4 bunches leeks
- 8 portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 cups Grill Goddess Sauce
- 4 qts vegetable stock
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ cup cold water
- Cut root ends off of leeks and cut them into long strips.
- Put leeks and sliced mushrooms in a large mixing bowl with1 cup of the grill goddess sauce.
- Marinate for a few minutes.
- If you have a grill, grill the mushrooms on medium heat and flip and baste occasionally until soft.
- Grill the leeks on low and keep them constantly moving to prevent burning.
- If you don't have a grill, you can cook the mushrooms and leeks on a baking sheet in an oven at about 400 degrees.
- After the leeks are grilled, chop them up.
- In a soup pot, combine portabellas, leeks, remaining sauce and stock.
- Bring to a boil, add rice and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch slurry into soup.
- Stir for a minute and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.