Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup dried apricot halves, plumped
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 1/3 cups scalded milk
- 1 1/4 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate Sauce:
- whipped cream for garnish
- chocolate leaves for garnish
- toasted almond slices for garnish
- Drizzle butter evenly into 6 individual ovenproof molds.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar; arrange apricots over brown sugar.
- Stir Sugar into milk; add rice. Stir in salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs and vanilla; pour over apricots.
- Place molds in pan half-filled with hot water; bake at 350 degrees 20 to 25 minutes, or until custard is set.
- Unmold immediately; let cool. To serve, place pudding on plate; spoon chocolate sauce around pudding.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate leaves and almond slices.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.