Contributed by Joe Mama at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 6 – 8
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ package (8 oz) bite sized macaroni
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- bread crumbs
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Blend in flour and gradually add the milk, stirring constantly; add the seasonings.
- Cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Add one cup grated cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Cook macaroni as directed, drain, and add to cheese sauce and mix well.
- Turn the mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or pan.
- Sprinkle the top with 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.