- ½ large cauliflower
- 3 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ stick of celery
- ⅓ of a leek
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 fresh green chilli
- 800ml chicken stock (as a vegetarian option use vegetable stock)
- 200ml cream
- Roughly chop onions, garlic, celery, green chilli and washed leek and slowly fry (with a little olive oil) in a heavy based saucepan until soft (but no colour).
- Add the spices and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the roughly chopped cauliflower and cover with the chicken stock (as a vegetarian option use vegetable stock).
- Bring to the boil, turn down heat and gently simmer until cauliflower is soft.
- Purée the soup with a stick blender, or in a liquidizer until smooth.
- Pass the soup through a chinois or fine sieve.
- Add cream then season to taste.
- The soup is now ready to eat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.