This gravy is quite easy and very tasty. I used the leftovers for a pasta sauce, and thought it was really good that way, too.
- Source: Farm Sanctuary (Joanne Stepaniak's Vegan Vittles)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon olive, corn, or canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon onion granules
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- Place the nutritional yeast flakes and flour in a dry, 1-quart saucepan, and toast them over medium heat, stirring constantly, until they are lightly browned.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Gradually whisk in water, soy sauce, and oil until the gravy is very smooth.
- Then whisk in onion granules and pepper.
- Cook gravy over medium heat, stirring almost constantly with wire whisk, until it is thickened, smooth, and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.