Makes 20 to 24 rolls
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- ¼ cup water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 package quick-rising yeast
- 2 teaspoons dried savory leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed, crushed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 20 to 24 muffin cups.
- Combine milk, butter and water in small saucepan; heat until butter is melted.
- If necessary, cool to 120°F to 130°F.
- Combine 3 cups flour, sugar, yeast, savory, salt, thyme and dill in large mixer bowl.
- Add milk mixture and pumpkin; beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 3 eggs and remaining flour.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place for 10 minutes or until doubled.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling ½ to ¾ full.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place for 30 to 40 minutes or until doubled.
- Beat remaining egg and brush on top of rolls; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until rolls are golden and sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove from pans; serve warm or cool on wire rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.