This recipe came from my Aunt Maggie's collection that I inherited when I inherited the family collection in 1980. These are a mainstay at my house. Dated 1921.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 pork chops 1 inch thick
- 2 cooking apples sliced
- 2 cups apple cider
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Roll pork chops in this mixture and brown the chops.
- When chops are brown turn down heat, add flour mixture for the gravy, top chops with sliced apples and add the apple cider until the chops are covered.
- Simmer until tender approximately 1 hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.