Makes 4-6 servings
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 pinch saffron
- 10 dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped shelled pistachios, roasted
- Melt butter in a heavy 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saffron; sauté until onion is golden.
- Add apricots and rice; continue to sauté until rice becomes opaque.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 to 20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Fluff with a fork.
- To serve, place rice in desired serving dish and garnish with pistachios.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.