- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs salt
- 1 large cabbage
- 2 cups tomato sauce or juice
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 cup sour cream, optional
- Remove the central part from the cabbage and put the cabbage in a large pot with boiling water for 15 minutes, until the leaves become manageable.
- Prepare the beef mixture by mixing beef, rice, eggs, spices, salt and onion together.
- Carefully separate the cabbage leaves and roll 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture into each cabbage leaf and fold it.
- Place all of the cabbage rolls into a large pot, add tomato sauce (mixed with water if desired) to cover them and cook for 40 minutes until done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.