This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Love Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup white onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 hard cooked eggs
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices rye bread buttered and cut diagonally into 4 pieces
- Cook and stir onion in butter until tender then spread in ungreased rectangular baking dish.
- Top with egg slices then sprinkle with cheese.
- Beat remaining ingredients except bread.
- Pour soup mixture over cheese then overlap bread slices buttered side up on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.