Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 sandwiches
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 4 teaspoons pressed fresh garlic
- 8 slices extra-sour sourdough bread, about inch thick
- 6 ounces fontina cheese
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan, asiago or pecorino romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- Preheat the grill. If you have a grill with a variable temperature control, set it to medium-high (1 or 2 steps below high) or to about 350°F to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat. When the butter is melted, whisk in the mustard and garlic. Set aside.
- Grate the three different types of cheeses into a small bowl and combine with a fork.
- Put 4 slices of sourdough bread on a large plate. Put 1 tablespoon of scallions on each slice. Place a layer of cheese over the scallions, dividing equally among the 4 slices. Place a slice of sourdough over the cheese and brush the garlic-mustard-butter baste on top.
- Carefully put each sandwich, basted side down, on the grill.
- Brush the tops of each sandwich evenly with the remaining garlic- mustard-butter baste.
- For a 2-sided contact grill: grill a total of 3 to 4 minutes. For a hibachi grill, combination grill or infusion grill: grill a total of 6 to 8 minutes (3 to 4 minutes on each side), remove from grill and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.