- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups graham flour, measured before sifting, using the bran after the flour is sifted
- First beat together the sugar and Crisco, then beat in the egg yolk, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and milk alternately.
- The dough should be so soft that it is difficult to handle.
- Sprinkle flour on the bread board.
- Put the dough on the flour, sift a little flour over the dough, then pat the dough into a ball.
- With a rolling pin roll it out a little less than one-fourth inch thick, and cut out with a cookie cutter.
- Place on an oiled pan and bake.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.