Contributed by JAW
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cups (1 l) yellow wax beans, cut in 3
- 8 cups (2 l) chicken broth
- 1½ cups (375 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped chives to taste
- Heat the butter in a stockpot and sauté the onions for 1 min.
- Add the beans and the chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Or until beans are cooked.
- Mix in the milk.
- Dilute the cornstarch in a small amount of the warm broth and thicken the soup to taste.
- Season and sprinkle with fresh chives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.