Purchased from the Patterson Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1992. This one had a notation on it that it won third place in an Ohio County Fair Competition in 1936. I make this every year for a cookie exchange I host. It is a huge hit.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups quick cooking Oats
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix brown sugar and butter in large bowl with spoon.
- Stir in Oats, flour and baking soda until crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture in the bottom of an ungreased rectangular pan.
- Bake 10–12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture over filling.
- Bake 25–30 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and filling is set.
- Cool completely about 1 hour.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.