These are more like a dense cake than commercial granola bars.
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup brown sugar -- packed
- ¼ cup molasses
- 6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins -- chopped
- ½ cup dried apricots -- chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup wheat germ
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cream the oil, brown sugar, and molasses together in a bowl.
- Add the defrosted unsweetened orange juice concentrate.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.
- Blend into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the oats, raisins, apricots, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, and sesame seeds. This makes a very stiff batter.
- Spread in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake about 20–30 minutes or until light brown.
- Cut into bars.
Nutritional information Edit
½ recipe = 140 calories, 1 starch + ½ fruit + 1 fat exchange 3 grams protein, 22 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fat, 48 mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.