Here is a natural fiber snack or cereal.
Granola I from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: 25 minutes to bake
- 1½ cups quick oatmeal
- ½ cup regular wheat germ
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Measure oatmeal, wheat germ, coconut, salt, and nuts into mixing bowl, stirring to blend. Add oil and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in condensed milk and blend well.
- Sprinkle a handful of wheat germ on a cookie sheet and gently spread mixture on top.
- Bake in 325 °F oven about 25 minutes.
- Check mix as it bakes-after the first 10 minutes, mix will begin to brown. Stir it on cookie sheet every 10 minutes until it is as brown as you like.
- Cool on pan; store in covered container in refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.