DescriptionEditThis red-hot, sauce-based dish starts with real pork, cream of mushroom soup, and milk, and delivers a steamy, flaming-hot flavor. Parsley and garlic always work for this for garnishing, too.
- 4 pork chops, ½- inch thick
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, optional
- 10 ½ oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 beef broth cube, optional
- ⅔ can evaporated milk
- ⅓ cup water, warm only
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Brown with the shortening in a large skillet.
- For the gravy base: Drain; just mix the remaining ingredients especially including the broth cube and the soy sauce.
- Pour around chops. Bake in the oven at 350° F for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in gravy, then serve warm and plain over white rice.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.