- 1 large bunch romaine lettuce, about 1 lb
- 1 large egg in shell
- 2 cups croutons
- 14 oz (1 can) small artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- 2 California avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 anchovy filets, optional
- ⅓ cups olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and chill.
- Prepare Caesar dressing.
- Just before serving, pour enough hot water over egg to cover and let stand 1 minute; rinse under cold water.
- Pour Caesar dressing over lettuce in large salad bowl.
- Break egg into middle of salad; toss lightly.
- Add croutons, artichoke hearts, avocados, Parmesan cheese and anchovies.
- Toss again and serve.
- Shake all ingredients together in tightly covered container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.