This tangy pie is made with real fruit juice, tofu, and lime rind in a pastry shell.
- 1 (12.3 ounces) package silken tofu
- 8 ounces soy cream cheese
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated Lime peel
- 2 (4 ounces) packages Mori-Nu mates vanilla pudding mix (must be this brand--it's made to go with the tofu)
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener, to taste
- 1 x 9 inch baked pastry shell or (1 9-inch graham cracker crust)
- Drain any excess water from the tofu.
- Blend tofu, vanilla extract, and lime juice in a processor or blender until creamy and smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except crust and blend again until smooth.
- At this point, transfer the mixture to a bowl and beat on high speed with an electric mixer.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and chill 2-3 hours or until firm.
- This sets up very firm. It also makes a great pudding or little tartlet filling for fancy desserts. Serve cold and plain or with other desserts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.