Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: dLife
- ¾ pound 96% lean ground round
- 8 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- ¾ cup salsa, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Brown beef in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add ½ cup salsa and continue cooking for two minutes.
- Whisk the egg whites and milk in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable cooking spray in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the egg white mixture and cook until nearly set (2 – 4 minutes), using a spatula to pull in the sides of the omelet and all the uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Sprinkle the beef mixture, remaining salsa, and feta cheese on top of the omelet. Carefully slide the omelet onto the serving plate, folding it by gently tipping the skillet.
- Cover the eggs with a lid for the last 30 seconds you're cooking them for extra fluffiness.
Nutritional Information Edit
- Calories: 173 | Carbohydrates: 3.5g | Protein: 27.2g | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sodium: 766mg
- Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable; 3 very lean meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.