- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 pound skinned—boned chicken—breast cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 6 slices unpeeled tomato -- (1/4-inch-thick) cut in half
- 6 slices green bell pepper -- (1/8-inch-thick)cut in half
- 6 pita bread rounds -- (7-inch) uncut
- 3/4 cup commercial reduced-calorie ranch dressing
- Place milk in a large bowl; set aside. Place breadcrumbs in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add Chicken to milk; stir well, and drain. Add Chicken to plastic bag with breadcrumbs; seal bag, and shake to coat Chicken with breadcrumbs.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add 1 tablespoon oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add Chicken; sauté 7 minutes or until done. Set aside.
- Arrange 1 lettuce leaf, 2 pieces tomato, and 2 pieces bell pepper down the center of each pita bread round, and top each with 2 ounces Chicken.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing over each sandwich, and roll up. Yield: 6 servings
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.