This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wiggins Estate in Montgomery, Alabama in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pound chicken
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 quart liquid tomato paste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can cooked okra beans
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Place cleaned chicken in pot and turn to brown all sides evenly.
- Add tomato juice then add the same amount of water and the sugar.
- Let boil for one hour then stir in okra and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.