Beautiful, tasty and satisfying, this composed salad is hearty enough to serve as an entrée.
- ½ pound haricot verts (thin green beans)
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼" slices
- ¼ cup walnut halves, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook green beans in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water 3 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain and shock under cold running water.
- To assemble salad: On each plate, place two artichoke hearts in the center. Encircle with half the tomato slices. Arrange half the green beans and half the cheese slices around artichokes. Sprinkle with half the walnuts.
- For dressing: Combine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil until dressing thickens. Spoon over salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.