Green bean casserole was invented in 1955 by the Campbell Soup Company. It has since become a Thanksgiving favorite in the United States.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 5 - 6
- 2 can French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can new potatoes (halfed)
- 1 can or jar (approx. 15 ounces) small whole onions, drained
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 tsp Tony's creole seasoning
- 4 slices fried bacon (crumbled)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Fry bacon. Remove and dry on paper towel. Crumble bacon coarsely and set aside. Keep bacon grease and set aside
- Coat a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray
- Combine green beans, onions, potatoes, and mushroom soup,Tony's and bacon in a bowl and gentley mix well. Pour into casserole dish and bake uncovered 350 deg for 35 min
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top of the casserole
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 10 more min or until cheese is melted
- Cream of mushroom soup may be regular or reduced sodium.
- If you love cheese, substitute ½ cup shredded cheese for the soy sauce.
- ½ cup of chopped red bell peppers will make it very colorful.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.